Monday, September 29, 2008

It's a Wild & Wiki World


Hi, I'm Beth and I use Wikipedia.

There. I said it. Wikipedia is a guilty pleasure. I will sit for ever click link after link, reading article after article until my eyes can no longer stay open. It is a great first stop for quick and dirty information. Often while watching TV (another guilty pleasure) I will hop on my laptop and search for something mentioned that is not explained. I know the risks of Wikipedia and therefore do not wonder around thinking I have the most accurate, up-to-date info. Where else can you get away with citing the National Enquirer as a source (although this is becoming tricky now too, right John Edwards?).

Love the idea of using a wiki to share book reviews and as a possible brainstorming tool. We could very easily use a wiki to plan for SRC and cut down on the number of meeting we might need to have at the branch level. Hmmmm... I can see the possiblities...

0 comments: