Friday, October 24, 2008

Getting Reacquainted

About a year ago I created a Myspace page after much proding by my brother. At first it was a great way to share photographs of my new baby with him and other friends. However, every time I logged in I felt "off" about being apart of Myspace. Over the last few months I stopped adding photographs and logged in rarely to see what my few friends were doing.

My only Myspace friend that I have known since high school deleted his account abruptly. Then out of the blue I received an email from him with an invitation to join Facebook. "Why not," I thought. Learn & Play has been a great platform to try all sorts of new technology.

Now I am getting reacquainted with lots of faces from my past and learn some fantastic things about the faces of my present. Facebook does not leave me with a creepy feeling after using and have found it to be a lot of fun. Now that my brother has joined I can still share photographs of his niece with him and am considering deleting myself from the Myspace world.

I think my favorite application of Facebook is sharing Flair with friends - I even created Flair to share with some of my library friends. Because so many library folk are using Facebook it is a great place to share stories, ideas, and stay connected without the formality of email.

1 comments:

Cat Herself said...

I love Facebook!

Congrats on your new job, too! Yay you!