Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bonus: 10 Random Things

Okay... Bonus Time... Recently I completed the 100 things to know about me meme but in order to feel like I have conquered the 23 Things for Learn & Play I thought it prudent to post the bonus challenage issued by Library Bytes.  Some are a repeat from the post below but there are a few new things too...


01. I love to sing.  I sing in the shower.  I sing in the car.  I sing in storytime.  I sing randomly to anyone who will stay long enough to listen.  Not that I am a particularly good singer but life feels like a musical dancing about in my head.  Anyone else with this problem?

02. I am a Kent State alum.  KSU received enough cash from me for 2 degrees - BA in English and MLIS.

03. I am a night owl.  For some reason the later I stay up the better I feel.  A full night of sleep leaves me feeling like a complete trainwreck!

04. Havaianas are the best shoes EVER!  I own 8 pairs and hope to continue to grow my collection.

05. The Muppet Show was my favorite as a kid (next was Sesame Street - go figure) and can sing the Swedish Chef Song.

06. I met my husband at a keg party at OSU in December of 1999.  

07. When we were first married and financially challenged our date night would be a trip to Main Library but we could only stay an hour to avoid paying to exit the garage!

08. Until working full-time at the library I have held a variety of interesting jobs: chicken fryer, popsicle packer, plain clothes security guard, photography studio manager/assistant, teacher...

09. I collect things with the Eiffel Tower on them.  I have only once been to Paris and someday hope to go back with my husband.

10. While interning at an advertising agency I named iced coffee drinks for a company based on the east coast.

Want to learn more?  Check out 100 things to know about me!  

2 comments:

HeleneB said...

A huge muppet fan here too. Did u ever see the vid shiney happy monters with REM. I luv this.

Cat Herself said...

I sing all the time, too. I always have at least one song rattling around in there, and if I didn't think it would "undermine my professional demeanor" I'd be singing and dancing around the library all the time!

A huge muppet fan here, too! Huge! I met Carol Spinney (Big Bird, Oscar) at COSI 2 years ago, and when I was talking to him we sang "I Love Trash" together. :-)

"Show your true colors. Mine is yellow." Big Bird