Thursday, November 20, 2008

Getting Motivated...

It has been a very long time since my sewing machine has been out of its case. I have suffered from a great deal of guilt about my lack of craftiness because my machine is one of my most prized possessions. It belonged to my great-grandmother and feel her close every time I use it. When I learned of my pregnancy in the fall of 2006 I began dreaming of a quilt for my baby. The first trimester was frought with illness and by the time I was feeling better we were in a dash to finish the nursery. Then... I was sick again.

Becoming a mother has been an amazing experience and during this transition I have continued to dream about projects but have not made any progress. But I am feeling inspired and motivated by the blog postings of friends and co-workers. So I am once again resolved to indulge in my creative side.

All the supplies have been purchased to create some cute Christmas gifts for the little girls in my life. Here's to hoping all turns out well! The above photograph is a pile of material I hope to use in making my gifts and the long dreamed about quilt for Ava.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Cat Herself said...

Good luck with your crafting! There never seem to be enough hours in a day, though.