Monday, January 19, 2009

HOPE


The excitement of this Inauguration Day truly lived up to the hype and I feel overwhelmed by the sense of history and emotion that President Obama's inauguration has stirred in me. This is an exciting day. As a parent I am hopeful for what an Obama Administration may mean for my daughter's future. It is thrilling to hear a leader say the words that many of have long to hear and feel the sincerity behind those words. Without a doubt this is one of the most amazing historical moments of my lifetime. It is funny how we often look back at a moment and mark the historical significance. Rarely are we so aware of the importance of one day.

Last night my husband remarked that Kennedy was his generation's Roosevelt and that Obama is our generation's Kennedy. Watching the events of the day unfold streaming live on the Internet, I realized how true this statement is. We have pinned so much on one man. It is my hope that we can harness the unity we feel today and uphold our end of the bargain.

0 comments: